The Sanibel Island & Captiva Island “Francis P. Bailey Jr.” Visitor Center
- 4:33 AM EST on January 17, 2018
- 10:00 AM EST on January 18, 2018
- 5:01 AM EST on January 17, 2018
- 7:00 AM EST on January 18, 2018
High 64° / Low 38°
High 58° / Low 44°
High 66° / Low 54°
High 71° / Low 59°
High 72° / Low 60°
The official visitor center of the Sanibel & Captiva Islands Chamber of Commerce was dedicated and named for one of the founding fathers of Sanibel Island – Francis P. Bailey Jr. and has been ranked #1 by Tripadvisor!
The visitor center is open 365 days a year and is staffed by outstanding professionals that can answer all of your questions.
We are proud to announce that The Sanibel & Captiva Islands Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center is a certified Tourism Information Center.
In addition to the outstanding staff, the visitor center also provides a wealth of information including:
- Over 400 free brochures including information about accommodations restaurant menus, etc.
- Over 60 duratrans (backlits) to showcase members.
- Digital screens that provide information about members
- Free WiFi and telephones at the visitor center
- Complimentary kiosks for online access to our members
- Free charging station for your smart phones and tablets
- We have discount coupons for many of our members
- We maintain an up-to-date availability list for accommodations on our islands
- Complimentary telephone books and real estate guides
- A guide to what’s happening on the islands ‘this week’
- Complimentary 118 page visitor guide and business directory
We are located as you come on to the island at the second driveway on the right.
Stop in and see us, you’ll be glad you did!
Sanibel & Captiva Islands Chamber of Commerce
1159 Causeway Road
Sanibel, Florida 33957
Getting Here…By Air
Southwest Florida International Airport
Located in Lee County, off Exit131 (Daniels Parkway) on Interstate 75, providing direct access to Sanibel-Captiva via an easy 45-minute drive. The airport is served by nearly all major airlines.
Orlando International Airport
Located 7 miles south of Orlando; take I-4 south to I-75.
Miami International Airport
Located 5 miles northwest of Miami; take I-75 west.
Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport
Located 4 miles south of Fort Lauderdale; take I-75 west.
Getting Here…By Car
Interstate 75: Take Exit 131 (Daniels Parkway) west to Summerlin Road. Turn left on Summerlin Road and follow it to the Sanibel Causeway (a $6 toll). Drive across and onto Sanibel Island. At the four-way stop sign at Periwinkle Way, either a right or left turn will lead you to beaches, shops, accommodations, etc. To reach Captiva, turn right on Tarpon Bay Road and left on Sanibel-Captiva Road. Drive about eight miles. Cross Blind Pass bridge and you’re on Captiva. That takes another 15 to 30 minutes.
Interstate 95: If you’re driving into Florida from the North via Jacksonville, take I-95 south to I-4; take I-4 west to I-75, then follow the directions above. If you’re on Florida’s east coast and choose to bypass the Orlando and Tampa areas (both off I-4), take I-95 south to Fort Lauderdale and follow the signs directing you to I-75 west (toward Naples).
Car Rentals: You’ll need a valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and a major credit card. (Some rental agencies have minimum age requirements, too.) Nearly all major car rentals are available at Southwest Florida International Airport; it’s best to make reservations before you arrive.